Metallizer is a max4live designed and built by Aval.
It's a sort of Modulator that, using a custom allpass filter, creates metallic and resonant sounds.
It's enough to adjust the starting frequency (of the filter) and then a range, and it'll automatically create a metallic glissando, thanks to a special envelope follower, that just stick with the incoming sound. Then you can adjust the feedback amount, the spread between Left and Right (by creating some differences between the two allpass used) and of course a Dry Wet dial.
A special button is added, it includes some functionalities of Clip-a-me device and WaveFuse device (they're free, check them out) using a specific preset, distorting the sound (that's why it's called ROUGH!!!!!).
- Freq Range: you can adjust the starting frequency simply by dragging horizontal, or adjust its range by clicking shift and dragging horizontal. On this dial will depend your metallic sound, using low frequencies it will sound more like a weird delay, but it also depends by how much range you set. The range (in %) keep it percentage and auto updates whenever you change the starting frequency.
E.g. with a starting freq of 0Hz and 100%, it will have range of 1000Hz, if you then change the starting freq at 500Hz and 100%, it will have a range of 500Hz, keeping 1000Hz as upper limit and 0 as lower limit.
- SPREAD: shifts the allpass filters in order to get a more stereo sound
- FDBK: on feedback will depend how much metal you like
- DW: adjust the dry-wet balance
- ROUGH: make it crazy, distorted. and angry, combining a clipping and custom distortion algorithm.